Open Art Exhibitions
What is an Open Art Exhibition at Harbour House?
- a mixed exhibition featuring a wide range of 2D and 3D work by many artists
- all work relates in some way to the title of the show
- all works are for sale
Who can enter?
- artists of any age and level of experience
- you'll need to bring your work in person on the handing-in morning (or arrange for someone to bring it for you)
- you'll need to be available for up to three half-day stewarding sessions during the exhibition (but don't worry - you won't be on your own in the art gallery)
- if you're too young, or not well enough, to steward in the exhibition you can nominate a friend or relative to do this on your behalf
Will my work be accepted?
- entries are assessed by a small panel of invited artists
- many works will be selected and hung in the show, some will be selected and held in reserve to replace sold work, and some will not be selected
- we will phone you to let you know how you got on
Open exhibitions at Harbour House offer an excellent opportunity for new and emerging artists to take their first steps at exhibiting their work. Established artists, too, often enjoy the challenge of tackling a new subject or of approaching a familiar theme in a new style or medium, and Harbour House open exhibiitons are always lively and full of surprises.
Devon: A Contemporary View